Loft conversion considerations for conservation areas

A loft conversion can be the perfect choice for extending your property, increasing practical space, and increasing it’s value. This is because loft conversion spaces can be used for dding bedrooms to the property, and increasing the number of bedrooms can add the most value. In addition, a loft conversion can also make for a stunning living room, home office, bathroom or gym, depending on your needs and preferences. However, if you want to choose a loft conversion for a property in a conservation area, your choices and options will be more limited. So what are the considerations for installing a loft conversion in a conservation area? Well, here at Pinnacle Loft Conversions, we are Preston’s leading loft conversion specialists. From dormer and hip to gable conversions, to exterior design, and bespoke staircases, we are the loft conversion team you can count on. And this is our guide to everything you should know about regulations for conservation areas.

What are the important loft conversion considerations for conservation areas?

There are several regulations and considerations to take into account when thinking about installing a loft conversion. These include:

  • External changes- the main area of interest for loft conversions in a conservation area is the external, visual appeal. Any external changes to the property need to have official approval and stick to strict guidelines in association with the rules governing the local area. As a result of this, a rooflight loft conversion is often easier and more acceptable to install, than a hip to gable or dormer loft conversion.
  • Building materials- in some instances, approval for any loft extension or conversion may involve using the correct building materials, and correct styles, to keep the property in style with the local area.

Hiring a professional loft conversion team can be a good way to navigate these rules and regulations. Why not get in touch with the team today, here at Pinnacle Loft Conversions?