Here at Pinnacle Loft Conversions, we are Preston’s leading loft conversion experts. From dormer conversions to hip to gable conversions, we provide a range of loft conversion solutions for every home, and every budget. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about hidden staircases for your loft conversion.
What are hidden staircases?
Hidden loft staircases are a specific type of loft staircase that can be moved or hidden to make this less noticeable. There are different types of hidden staircase, which often include:
- Fold and slide away stairs- these are often wooden ladders or paddle stairs that can be folded in half and then pushed up towards the loft hatch.
- Pull out stairs- these are again usually wooden ladders or stairs that pull out from the wall and fold away into the wall after use.
What are the advantages of hidden staircases for your loft conversion?
There are a number of advantages and benefits to choosing hidden staircases for your loft conversion. These include:
- Saving floor space- with this type of loft staircase installed you can save on floor space by moving the stairs out of the way when not in use. Because these fold up neatly to the side, the design will not have a negative impact on the room underneath the loft, and the stairs can easily be pulled down or folded out when needed. This is great for smaller properties where space is essential.
- Easy to use- these stairs are just as safe and secure as a any permanently fixed loft staircase. They are also very easy to position and move whenever you need them for additional convenience and practicality.
- Different designs- hidden loft stairs don’t need to be only straight loft stairs. Instead these can be stairs with turns and twists as well.
For more information, get in touch with the experts here at Pinnacle Loft Conversions today!