Choosing what to use your loft conversion for, and the design features you want to include, are an important part of the loft conversion planning process. But there are a number of practical decisions you will need to make too. And one of these is the staircase design. After all, what use is a stunning loft conversion when you cant access it?! Here at Pinnacle Loft Conversions, we are Preston’s leading loft conversion specialists. As a result, we have produced this guide to staircase designs for stunning loft conversions
Staircase designs for stunning loft conversions
Designing the right staircase for access to your loft conversion is important. The staircase is the entrance to your new room, so you want it to match your style and the theme of the loft conversion, as well as the house itself. Some popular staircase choices include:
- Loft ladders- The most simple way to access your loft conversion is with loft ladders. These ladders can be a permanent feature, or you can tuck them away when not needed. Loft ladders are a good idea for a loft conversion storage space, or even for a room with occasional use. However, you will need a more secure staircase for any other room.
- Traditional staircase-Designed to match the rest of your house, the staircase will truly make your loft conversion feel like part of the home. It is also one of the safest options for accessing your loft conversion.
- Spiral staircases-You could always decide to make a statement with a spiral staircase that can be designed to suit both contemporary or traditional homes. This can be a really stunning feature.
Regulations for loft staircases
Design is important for your loft staircase. But so is safety. And there are some regulations and guidelines you will need to follow in regards to staircase design. These include:
• a minimum of 1.9m of headroom at the centre of the flight
• a minimum of 1.8m of headroom at the edges
• a maximum pitch 42 degrees
• There is no minimum width. Though less than 600mm is unlikely to prove practical
To create a visually stunning and a practical loft conversion staircase, or your new loft conversion itself, get in touch with the team today, here at Pinnacle Loft Conversions.