As a property developer, you are probably already aware that a loft conversion can increase the value of your property by up to 20%. But how can you be sure to maximize on the potential of your property, and secure the largest amount of profit? Well, Here at Pinnacle Loft Conversions, we are Preston’s leading loft conversion experts. As a result, we have produced this guide to loft conversion considerations for property developers.
What are the most important loft conversion considerations for property developers?
To maximize the profit on your property, you should consider:
- Creating a new bedroom
- Increasing thermal efficiency
- Working with a professional team
Creating a new bedroom
In general, the more bedrooms your home has, the more valuable it is. But to make this achievable, you will need to consider:
- The amount of loft space available- if there is only a small amount of space available, and a Mansard or hip to gable conversion is the only real option to create a large bedroom space, you will need to consider the value addition to the property. These can be more expensive to install, and could eat into your profits. Although a high end, high quality bedroom conversion can be stunning, increasing the properties appeal to buyers.
- Fire safety regulations- to make a usable bedroom space, you will need to follow full fire safety and building regulations.
- Turning another room into a bedroom- swapping the living room, bathroom or home office for a bedroom in the main body of the house will reduce the fire safety restrictions involved when creating a loft bedroom. And a stunning loft bathroom or living room can be a stylish and attractive option.
Increasing thermal efficiency
During the construction of a loft conversion, you will be adding insulation. You could consider increasing insulation and altering building materials to ensure that the property benefits from improved thermal efficiency. This can be a great selling point.
Working with a professional team
A professional team will ensure that your loft plans and designs will meet your requirements, and that your loft installation will stay on time and on budget. For more information or advice, get in touch with the professionals today, here at Pinnacle Loft Conversions.